Saturday, January 07, 2006

Mecha..Mecha..Mecha...\o/

Mecha consumed my life for the past few days.

Bah.

For those who don't watch Animes, Mecha is pretty much animes that involve Machines. Vandread, Gundam and Full Metal Panic are three of the many titles which has Mecha as it's genre.

Vandread was first up, as I finished the entire 2 seasons in 1 day. A very good anime which sits right at the top right now. I enjoyed every moment of it.

1/144 HG Destiny was also finally completed after 3 days of..broken off work. Looks pretty interesting now, but thanks to Ron, Destiny is going to have Strike-Freedom for company. \o/

Imagine that.

And thanks dude!

--

When I was in HK, I was blessed by the fact that the Gundam Expo was held when I was still in HK. It's an show of the models of Gundams, marking the 10th anniversary of the Master Grade production of Gundam Kits.

But hell, who cares about when the MG was produced? The main attraction there was the bots, everyone of them in the GS/GSD and the Gundam W series (Not sure if there's G-Z, not to familar with W and Z...)




Destiny and Strike Freedom...the way it should be done.



Lightening Edition of Strike Freedom (1/60 scale). I wanted to buy this one, but the price is just a little too steep ($100+ SGD)



2 meters Strike Freedom, one of the attractions in the Expo



Some more assorted Gundams from the GSD series. The Akatsuki was an eye sore in the series, but the model looks pretty neat.



2 Meters Destiny, another attraction at the Expo. Together with the SF, they "guard" the enterence of the Expo.



The expo also featured the models of the winners of the Asian Cup Modeling championship (something of that sort). All of them are excellent, but this is one of the best among them, by a South Korean. Needless to say, it won the top prize. The gundam used was the Perfect Grade Strike Gundam from Gundam Seed.

Of course, as with any anime expo, Cosplayers are never too far away.



ZAFT Elite Soldier outfit.



Earth Soldier Outfit.



No idea...from GSD though. IIRC Earth Soldier.



No idea...although she should not frown so much.




The full family picture.

Too bad the Cosplayer that wore Lacus's outfit did not appear that day. XD

Anyway, I went back a few days later because one of my favourite singers, Nami Tamaki was making an appearance. She was scheduled to appear at 4, so I decided to go a little earlier since I am bored.

Earlier = 1pm.

However, I was already...late. The fans were there probably since the morning. The CDs, required if you want to attend the autograph session, was sold out by the time I was there. Heck, I was left standing on the second row (yes, free standing).

And so, I stood there for nearly 4 hours, since Nami decided to appear late (the usual for any star...)....

Yes, I'm an idiot..

But I was rather disappointed, since I didn't manage to get the CD, nor did she sing. Some dancers came out and danced (decently, not the best) to one of her tunes, which was blared from a CD. I was seriously hoping that she would be singing a song.

However, can you believe that she's only 17? I was rather shocked, since she's a super mega star to many people, including me. All her Openings/Endings for GS and GSD are ranked rather high on my list, with Reason second only to Secret of My Heart on the Ending Theme rank list.

How she was able to balance work and school is beyond me. I am highly impressed.




XD

All in all, the Expo was rather nice, although the Nami appearance was rather disappointing. Still, I picked up some really nice skills from a master they brought in from Japan for the models which I'm about to start working on. Expensive as hell, but they are rather fun and does not have me playing the computer every day. LoL
--

XD

Just when operation 3361 was put in effect...

XDDD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home